ZOOM PRO User LICENSE ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS
You are almost ready to use Zoom, but you MUST follow the instructions below in order to activate a University of Utah Zoom Pro account. You must create and activate the account. You may want to print or save this page for later use or reference.
Set Up Instructions for UTAH.ZOOM Account
• Step 1 - NEW URL FOR ZOOM ACCOUNTS
Go to utah.zoom.us (the new Zoom account for the University of Utah as of April 2020). Click the Sign-In button.
• Step 2 - ALWAYS USE SINGLE SIGN ON OPTION (SSO)
Sign into the Single Sign On (SSO) Page with your UNID and campus password.
NOTE: if you are not presented with the campus SSO page and are signed directly into Zoom, this means that you already have an existing Basic or Pro account that you have signed into before. Click on the photo/avatar icon in the top right of the page and click Sign Out. Then, repeat steps 1 and 2.
• Step 3 - START USING ZOOM
Once you authenticate with your UNID and campus password on the SSO page, you will be brought to your Zoom Profile Page. Your Zoom account is now set up and you can start scheduling meetings.
NOTE: ABOUT MERGING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS:
After completing Step 2, some users may be presented with a message that says, “You are signing into a Zoom account that is different from your current one.” This means that you have an existing zoom account that uses your UNID. That account needs to be merged with your new utah.zoom account. Complete the following steps to merge your accounts.
- Be sure you are signed out of any other Zoom accounts. Then click Switch to the New Account (a verification email will be sent to you from Zoom)
- Open the email and click Switch to the new account (yes, again). You will then be redirected back to utah.zoom.us.
- Click I Acknowledge and Switch (your new account will still be a Pro license, with up to 300 participants and extended
length meetings up to 24 hours in duration).
- Click on the photo/avatar icon in the upper right to access your new Zoom profile. (NOTE: Existing recordings and meetings in your old account will be transferred to your new account when you merge them).
• ZOOM SUPPORT OPTIONS
Canvas Users - Once you have your new utah.zoom account set up, follow the steps in the link below to set up your Canvas Zoom integration.
Non-Canvas Users – Once you have your new utah.zoom account set up, you can set up meetings by using your web browser, Outlook, or the Zoom Desktop or Mobile App. To start up Zoom:
Remember to access the URL below and use the SSO-Single Sign On option.
Zoom Help -
- At any time, you are most welcome to get support and help by sending an email to email@example.com and personnel from Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) will assist you.
- There are some good support articles from TLT on https://support.tlt.utah.edu/hc/en-us/sections/360009028151-Zoom
- Zoom also offers great tutorials on all aspects of using Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697